ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: machine local repositories and disconnected development
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:30:27 GMT
On 1/26/07, Robert Buck <rbuck@m-qube.com> wrote:

> [...]

I'm not sure to understand correctly what you want, but if what you want is
some sort of proxy, then the short answer is that there's no such mechanism
in Ivy for the moment. Glen some time ago talked about some kind of proxy he
developed that was useful for the use with Ivy or Maven. You can also use a
standard proxy, or check what Maven Archiva can offer. On the pure Ivy
perspective, triggering an install during the resolve process is quite easy
(using triggers for instance), but this should be done with a strong care of
concurrency, which is not easy. That's why I think this should better be
done in a server side solution (like a proxy).

Xavier