ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preventing remote repository access if artifact is already cached
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:50:47 GMT
On 1/12/07, Johan Stuyts <j.stuyts@javathinker.com> wrote:

> > So your revisions are not considered changing... and do you use
> > checkModified="true" ?
>
> No, I do not specify that attribute on any of my resolvers. I use a custom
> 'ivyconf.xml' and the only file from the standard configuration that it
> includes is 'ivyconf-default-chain.xml', which also does not specify the
> attribute.
>
> I also set attribute 'checkUpToDate' on element 'conf' to 'false', but
> that does not help either. It does do what it says in the documentation
> though: the repository from which the artifact was cached is not accessed
> to check the date.

Ok, so maybe it's related to IVY-207. I'm now wondering if IVY-207 should
have been fixed or not. The problem was most specifically related to a
module for which an artifact was found with no module descriptor, then if
you add a module descriptor in your chain, it won't be found because Ivy use
the cached version. But maybe this should be considered as normal, as soon
as you don't use checkModified="true".

What do you think?

- Xavier

Johan