ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy talk at ApacheCon Europe 2007?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:04:34 GMT
On 1/10/07, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:

> >I plan to make a proposal for a talk on Ivy at ApacheCon Europe 07.
>
> Oh, cool. I should think about my decision not to come to Amsterdam ....
>

> >I'm still wondering what kind of talk could be the
> >most interesting. IMHO an introduction for Ivy newbie or even
> >for people who never heard about Ivy would be the most
> >interesting, since Ivy is not of widespread use for the
> >moment. What do you think? Do you see any particular things
> >that would really be interesting to talk about? Do you have
> >any suggestion?
>
> I think an introduction is very good.
> Maybe with a complete build scenario with Ant (from my sources and
> my dependency information to a release).
> How to get Ivy; how to install Ivy; how to use Ivy
>
> Another topic would be IvyDE, IvyTools ...
>
> Comparison between Ivy and other dependency management tools (M2).
>
> Ivy and Continous Build / Continous Integration. Ivy in combination with
> Gump.

It's a lot of interesting ideas, but it'll be difficult to address them all
in one hour. I'll try to focus the proposal on basic things as you suggest
first (How to get Ivy; how to install Ivy; how to use Ivy), and keep the
rest for a Q/A at the end.

Xavier

Just a few ideas from a guy who hasnt spent any time on Ivy yet ....
> (sorry for that ;-)

Jan