ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ross Clewley <ross.clew...@oracle.com>
Subject Determining published artifacts from an ant.
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:16:33 GMT
Hi

Is there a way to get hold of the published artifacts for a module that
you are about to build? I think the answer is probably no but it could
be made possible with an enhancement to the /info/ task.

Let me explain why I'm interested in being able to do this. We have a
modular build system, using Ivy of course, which is not entirely
dissimilar to the 'multiple projects environment' tutorial. Like that
example, we have a common build file that builds each project. The base
variant of this common build file just builds the contents of the
project into a jar. However, unlike in the tuturial, we can't always
guarantee that the jar name is the same as the ant project name. Given
that I'd like to be able to define the name of the jar in just one
place, it'd be useful if, in my common modular build file, I could get
hold of the name (or names) and types etc. of the artifacts declared to
be produced in the ivy file.

At the moment we do it the other way around and set the jar name in a
property in a property file that's local to each project and then use
that property definition in the Ivy file. However, I'd prefer to keep
the data describing what each project produces all together in the Ivy
file.

It seems like an extension to the /info/ task could set properties for
the declared artifacts in the Ant project. Since there are variable
numbers of artifacts it would presumably want to do this using patterns
for the property names and values just like the /artifactproperty/ task
does for resolved artifacts.

thanks

Ross