ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ivy talk at ApacheCon Europe 2007?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:49:10 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de> wrote:
>>
>> >It's a lot of interesting ideas, but it'll be difficult to
>> >address them all in one hour. I'll try to focus the proposal
>> >on basic things as you suggest first (How to get Ivy; how to
>> >install Ivy; how to use Ivy), and keep the rest for a Q/A at the end.
>> >
>> >Xavier
>>
>> Maybe more than one session?
>

> If my proposal is accepted, it will be my first talk in such a big
> conference. So I prefer to give only one talk for a first time, it's enough
> for my nerves :-)

aah, apache isnt that serious a conference. I gave one of my talks with
a beer in hand. what you have to look out for is the audience knowing
more about every apache tool you use. Best to ask "is there anyone here
who works on ..." before discussing it, that way instead of coming over
as less infromed you can point the person out, give them credit and then
refer the audience to them for further questions.

-steve