ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Artifacts with subdirectories?
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:39:40 GMT
easyproglife wrote:
> I want to suggest a simple yet powerful idea:
>
> store all of your directory structure inside a ZIP file (Ant already has
> core zip task) and publish it as a single artifact.
>
> This keeps both your project design and ivy design simpler.
>
> In your project, you don't have to deal with many configurations, and nor
> with many retrieves when you use the published module. In my suggestion you
> just get the zip file the standard way (by ivy:retrieve or directly by
> using
> ivy:cachefileset) and unzip it using standard Ant task.

This is what I am about to do with my shell scripts and other parts of
the redist directory structure for smartfrog. I will use <zip> to create
a zip file containing the entire directory tree. What is nice here is
that <zipfileset> can be used to specify the permissions on files, so I
can mark up the shell scripts as executable. If you left it to ivy to
pick up these files, even as named things that are published, the
permissions would get lost when the files are copied (and never be there
on a windows system).

-steve