ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Geoff Reedy" <gere...@sandia.gov>
Subject Re: Disconnected Development
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:08:24 GMT
Eric Crahen wrote:
> It would raise the burden on the user a bit, they'd have to add that extra
> url.
> Not a huge deal, but each little obstacle that can be removed is a great
> thing.

You can use the special property 'svn:externals' to share common files
between projects. Documentation on 'svn:externals' is here:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.externals.html

I use this to include all of the files necessary for my ivy
configuration: jars, ant build scripts, and the ivy configuration file.
  I only need to update these in one place when necessary, and every
project automatically pulls in the updates whenever they next do an 'svn
update'.

Using this method would also allow you to dispose of the complicated
machinery to download the ivy configuration file.

-- Geoff Reedy