ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Lee <c...@herzumsoftware.com>
Subject using ssh with no username
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:58:31 GMT
Hello all,

I'm very happy that Ivy now ships with a set of more secure
resolvers, as it will enable the use of Ivy for our internal projects.

I've been having problems with the SSH resolver, and was wondering if
anyone could help me out.

I want to set up my build script to publish using the ssh-resolver,
but I do not want to specify a username, so that ivy will prompt for
a username and password (instead of having to hard code it).  That
way each developer will have to login as themselves.

however, it seems like if I do not specify the username, even when I
enter in the correct username/password (replacing guest) from the SSH
prompt, it cannot authenticate.

I'm trying to figure this out from the current code base, but I
haven't identified the problem just yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I do not want to have to use
ssh key's, as I do not want to have to set up each individual user's
environment with the keys.

Christopher Lee

fourthcodex
Manager of Product Development