ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ophir Bleiberg <op...@personeta.com>
Subject Combining '+' notation with statuses
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 09:23:57 GMT
Hi,
	Is there any way of telling ivy to use a dependency with '+' notation from a certain status
(e.g. 4.0.1.+.release)?

	We are using the following version notation for our modules:
		M.M.F.P<-build-BN>
	where:
		- M.M is the major version
		- F is a feature number (advances in this number mean backward compatibility with extra
features.
		- P is the patch number
		- For integration builds we use -build.BN where BN is the build number.

	As you can see, this notation appears to make it impossible for us to declare that we we
want to use the latest release patch of a certain version (4.0.1.+) rather than the latest
integration build over that patch, or the latest release version (which may not be backward
compatible).
	Combining '+' notation with statuses would seem to solve this issue.

	Is this somehow supported?  Is there any workaround anyone can think of?

	Thanks,

               Ophir

    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something,
learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before.  He is full of
murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having
come by their ignorance the hard way."