ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Glen Marchesani" <gdml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ivy/maven proxy server
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:38:27 GMT
Okay here is an update we now have archiva
http://maven.apache.org/archiva/working.  What is archiva you say?
Well archiva is the new maven-proxy.
You may also hear it called the maven repository manager. These three are
all the same thing and that thing is now called archiva...

It is a nice simple app to let you configure the proxy server via a webapp.
It can proxy to multiple repositories and make them look like a single one.
It has one severe drawkback and that is it doesn't do any directory listings
so any latest strategies will fail when using it.  So this makes it
currently unusable for my ivy uses.  Though I am going to take a look at the
code to see if I can make an ivy friendly version since the webapp based
configuration and the look and feel is better than what I did.  What I did
will aggregate directory listings from multiple servers so in open source
tradition I will see if I can easily implement that in archiva and if they
are willing to take the contribution (the latter is usually the harder
case)...

I will let you all know how it goes....

cheers,
Glen