ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Glen Marchesani" <gdml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ivy/maven proxy server
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:43:19 GMT
Well we first tried maven-proxy and it didn't work.  We had been trying the
developer builds every day and none of them worked so I wrote the proxy.

As a matter of coincidence my co-worker has informed me that he got this
working today so tomorrow I will take a closer look at the differences (it
may be next week as I am currently travelling)...

The biggest difference is it has a very nice web interface to add/remove
proxies and such...  Again as I said when I get a chance to take it for a
test ride (hopefully tomorrow) I will let you know...

I think either way the proxy idea has alot of legs whether we use my proxy
code or maven-proxy and add a few ivy'ish things to it ;-)

For example my rather large ivy resolve took 2 minutes and now with the
proxy takes 3 seconds so I can go back to doing an ivy-resolve on every
build :-D  rather than doing a retrieve to a lib directory and reusing the
lib directory...  Of course if the cache's on the proxy timeout the resolve
takes about 20 seconds...