ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Glen Marchesani" <gdml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ivy/maven proxy server
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:48:36 GMT
I have never used/configured squid so please forgive any mis-understandings
I may have...  Generally the proxy I have is very specific to Ivy/Maven
repositories...

I think the major differences is the proxy server will proxy multiple
repositories to make it look like one.  Also retry timeouts can be set per
repository.  I think an example will explain it clearly...  I have the
following repositories with their timeout values

snapshot-builds (0 seconds)
company repo (5 minutes)
ibiblio (1 day)
ivy repo (1 day)
java.net maven repo (1 day)

When ivy makes a request the proxy will look to see if the request can be
handled with the cached files first if not it will go through the server
list seeing if it can satisfy the request with that server.  If a request to
a server fails with a 404 (file not found) it is marked and won't be retried
for the set timeout period.  If a server is down for any reason it will get
temporary blacklisted so the builds won't stop.

With the proxy server I have a single entry to point to the proxy server in
my ivyconf.  Where before I had the proxy server I had all those as
resolver's in the ivyconf.

Hope that helps...