ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using ssh with no username
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:28:58 GMT
On 12/13/06, Christopher Lee <clee@herzumsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm very happy that Ivy now ships with a set of more secure resolvers, as
> it will enable the use of Ivy for our internal projects.
>
> I've been having problems with the SSH resolver, and was wondering if
> anyone could help me out.
>
> I want to set up my build script to publish using the ssh-resolver, but I
> do not want to specify a username, so that ivy will prompt for a username
> and password (instead of having to hard code it).  That way each developer
> will have to login as themselves.
>
> however, it seems like if I do not specify the username, even when I enter
> in the correct username/password (replacing guest) from the SSH prompt, it
> cannot authenticate.

Which prompt are you talking about? I'm not sure which one is really used in
your case. Depending on your environment, sometime asking for credentials is
done directly by the system, sometimes it's Ivy which display a dialog. If
it's Ivy which asks for your creedentials, have a look at the
CredentialsUtil class, and also the SshCache class. I can't tell really more
except that it has been tested in real life, but there is no unit test, so
we may have a regression... I can't test myself since I haven't a good
environment for the moment.

Xavier

I'm trying to figure this out from the current code base, but I haven't