ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pulling artifacts into classpaths
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:19:02 GMT

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
>

> > Ok, I misunderstood what you were asking. All resolve related tasks in
> Ivy
> > only deal with dependencies, not published artifacts. The only tasks
> > dealing
> > with the publication section is publish. So if you want to use Ivy to
> build
> > path with both your dependencies and your published artifacts, you have
> > first publish your module to your repository (maybe only a local one),
> and
> > then you'll be able to build a path based upon your module by using the
> > inline option of resolve (and cachepath also I think, don't have time to
> > check right now).
> >

> I see.
>
> that's a bit of a shame. I want to be able to run tests before I publish
> the artifacts. I will have to see what I can do

I understand your use case, usually I don't use Ivy to add the current
module artifacts to the classpath, I do this manually by combining
classpaths. But if we provide the information about where the artifacts to
publish are, we could add a feature to build classpath including them as you
like, which would make the build/publish process cleaner. Still a lot of
things on the to do list :-) Maybe you could add a jira issue for that?

Xavier

-steve