ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolving latest "integration" artifacts
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:50:16 GMT

> John Brugge wrote:
>

> > I'm also wondering why you have a Swing pop-up to prompt for password in
> > the ssh/sftp resolvers. It seems decidedly non-Ant.
>

> Ant stuff should really use the InputHandler related APIs, which allow
> for special overload by the IDE people, so you get an SWT popup under
> eclipse and a terminal on the console.
>
> right now, InputHandler doesnt have a secure mode, mostly because Java
> <1.6 doesnt have a non-echo terminal input. We may add one in the
> post-Ant1.7 timeframe

The reason why we used a swing popup is because Ivy can be used outside ant,
so we had to consider a way which works in any case. To integrate with ant
input handler, we should make our own abstraction which delegates to ant
InputHandler when used from ant, and to something else in other cases. What
made me think that it wasn't too much a trouble to use a swing popup was
that it's only triggered when you don't supply values, so if you want to use
something else you can just do it before calling Ivy and then provide values
to Ivy. But I agree it can be improved to avoid this consideration for the
user.

Xavier

-steve