ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't resolve dependencies in source distribution for 1.4.1
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 07:31:43 GMT
On 12/4/06, Jacob Grydholt Jensen <grydholt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/12/06, Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 12/4/06, Pierre H├Ągnestrand <pierre.hagnestrand@bwin.org > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > > I downloaded the source from
> > > http://jayasoft.org/visit.php?url=./downloads/ivy/1.4.1/ivy-1.4.1-src.zip
>
> > > as it isn't possible to get it from
> > > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ivy/ yet.
> > > But when I run ant from the prompt it couldn't resolve all
> dependencies.
> > > It looks like some parts are missing in the jayasoft repository?
> > > Do I do someting wrong or is the dependencies wrong?
> >
> >
> > I think the problem is due to a migration of the server. The previous
> > server, paid by jayasoft, is closing on wednesday, so until I find
> another
> > solution I've migrated the server to a home machine. But I'm currently
> > experiencing problems with svn (no more anonymous access, you have to
> use
> > 'anonymous' as user with an empty password) and user loggin / sessions
> > (seems that you can't stay logged in or something like that). The ivyrep
> > server should be ok now, so you can try again. Sorry for the trouble.
>
> I don't think that this is the fault of the jayasoft server. Instead,
> it seems like the ibiblio server is missing some files. If one
> navigates through the directory structure on the ibiblio server, the
> jar-files for jsch and jdom seem to be there in the directory
> listings. However, the files are links into thin air. I solved the
> problem by pointing to another maven-mirror. I used
>
> <artifact pattern="http://ibiblio.lsu.edu/main/maven/[module]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]
> "/>
>
> instead of
>
> <artifact pattern="http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/[mod
> <http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/%5Bmod>
> ule]/[type]s/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>


Yes, ibiblio state seems strange. I've just tried now with my browser and my
browser open the file in the window. Looking at the headers, the server
says.

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

I don't know if this causes problem for downloading from java, but this is
not a good thing. I will report the problem on the repository mailing list.

I have also noticed the problems about the svn access, I'll try using
> anonymous as user.


The problem should be fixed now, I had troubles because my machine is a
windows machine, and it seems that the svn module does not work properly in
a virtual host in a windows apache 2.2 server. What I haven't done is to set
up https again. But this is only a temporary solution, svn should move to
other places (here on ASF for Ivy) and thus be better handled.

Xavier

Best regards,
>
> Jacob Grydholt Jensen
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message