ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Brugge" <John.Bru...@isthmusgroup.com>
Subject Re: Resolving latest "integration" artifacts
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:51:13 GMT
Well duh, now I see the 'deliver' task documentation. I'm not sure where
my eyes were earlier. That part of the process makes a little more sense,
although I'm still a little cloudy on it all. It's a complex process going
on, or at least complex to try to describe in words.

Gilles Scokart said:
> If I'm not wrong, the deliver task writes the ivy.xml file that will
> be published (the name might be changed I think).  I think that it
> check if the file exist and if it does, the local file is unchanged
> and will be reused for the publish.  That was probably the reason for
> which you had to put an option to force a new deliver.
>
> I have no idea when it is usefull to reuse a delivered file, but there
> is probably some use case.
>
> You story is very interresting.  If I follow you well, you have now at
> least 3 defect to enter :
> 1. The default generate ivy files stored in the cache should clearly
> indicates it contains default values.
> 2. The ssh resolver errors should be reported on a higher level than debug
> 3. A warning should be printed when a deliverd ivy files is reused,

I think those are good defects to add, and will help make the process more
transparent to the users.

thanks,
John