ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Opt out of the cache for a resolver
Date Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:06:15 GMT
Eric Crahen wrote:

> The use case for this is that I want to do something, like override
> commons-http client locally to work
> with a bugfix that hasn't been released yet. I use a chain with a local
> filesystem resolver in the front
> so that returnFirst="true". This way whatever I put in my local
> resolve will
> effectively override the
> offical release. Now at some point I don't need the override - maybe the
> bugfix is integrated into the
> offical release - maybe I just decide that bug is not relevant to me
> anymore
> and I want to go back to
> building against the offical copy. I want to just remove the local
> override
> by removing that artifact and
> ivy file from my local filesystem. This fails because the cache is never
> invalidated correctly.
So you will end up with commons-http-1.1.jar and commons-http-1.1.jar ?
which one is the genuine 1.1 ? the first one or the second one ?

Don't do that. It is a crazy idea to hack the jar and silently swap it
while keeping the same version.
You are just shooting yourself in the foot by doing that.

-- stephane