ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Disconnected Development
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:58:43 GMT
Eric Crahen wrote:
> The bigger problem to me is the delay it would introduce if I tried to
> hit a website all the time. It would be noticable, and when I was
> disconnected
> I'd have to wait however long it takes the connection to time out, which
> is not acceptable if I want to use an approach where I do builds very
> often.

which is why you have to provide a -Doffline flag to make it faster.
Where things get complex is if a proxy is in the mix and the remote site
is still unavailable. You have to rely on the proxy server returning an
error of the right kind, not  a 3 week old cached copy. As someone
trying to test SOAP interop, this is the bane of my life.

-steve