ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE (1.2) does not support non-standard attributes in ivy.xml files when Eclipse runs from JRE 1.5?
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:10:12 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 12/17/06, ophir bleiberg <ophir@personeta.com> wrote:
>>
>> First of all I must, once again, thank you for your prompt reply, this is
>> the kind of thing that changes a tool from just "being good" to being
>> usable.
>>
>> I checked and the validate attribute is already set to 'false' in our
>> configuration file (otherwise, I assume, it would have failed on JRE
>> 1.4as
>> well, and when just running plain 'ant' tasks)...
>

> So this is really strange. What can be the problem with JRE 1.5? Why
> does it
> validate your ivy file while with JRE 1.4 it is disabled... I don't know!

Java1.4 ships with Crimson that is not schema aware; Java1.5 comes with
a copy of Xerces.

IMO, the best way to allow user-extensible attributes to an element
would  be to declare them in a separate namespace.

The complex type definition would allow other attributes in namespace
##other, so you could add new attrs just by declaring things in a
private namespace. this does not mean that I am a fan of namespaces or
XSD, but they do work together (Sometimes).

-steve