ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: EAR/WARS/JAR dependencies
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:13:22 GMT
Gilles Scokart wrote:

> I have project with ears containing wars containing jars.  I would like to
> have some jars placed in the ears (in a lib directory), and some jars
> contained in the wars.
>
> Idealy, I want the locate the knowledge of which jar should be in the wars
> and which one should be in the ear at a single place.
>
> The dependencies between the jars (and between war and jar, and between ear
> and wars) are managed with ivy.
>
> Idealy, I don't want to put any knowledge of wars/ears into the ivy file of
> the jars.
> Idealy, I also would like to limit the list of jar dependencies into my wars
> ivy.xml.  I preffer to rely on ivy to provide me the full list of transitive
> dependencies of a few top level jars.
>
> Did anyone already tried to do something like that?

For EAR work I pulled all JARs out of the WAR; moved it in to EAR. Which
for JBoss 4.x means I cannot use the lib/ dir (not implemented), and
instead have an application.xml with all artifacts. I avoided adding
classpath manifests to those JARs, so they are visible to all WAR files
in the EAR.

to keep application.xml maintenance down, I extract the artifacts
without any version info.

-steve