ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: pulling artifacts into classpaths
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 16:45:33 GMT
Xavier Hanin wrote:
> On 12/9/06, Steve Loughran <> wrote:
>> How do I get generated artifacts into my test classpath?
>> That is, if I associate a Jar artfact with the "master" configuration,
>> how do I get that artifact pulled into the test config. Is it as simple
>> as saying that the test configuration extends master?
> Yes!

Well, I can't seem to get it working.

I have a config file:

it generates artifacts in the master build

      <artifact conf="master"/>

And the test conf depends on it

     <conf name="test" extends="default,parser"
          description="the classpath needed to run tests"/>

Which I then pull in
<ivy:cachepath pathid="exec.classpath" conf="test" />

but I dont see the artifacts in the resulting classpath. dependents yes,
artifact no

      [echo] exec.classpath=/home/slo/.ivy/cache/xom/xom/jars/xom-1.1.jar:

How do i get the Jar I'm building into the classpath of the test

View raw message