ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.4.1 incompatibility with 1.4.0 ?
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 17:38:12 GMT
On 11/27/06, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> Strange :
> Caused by: java.text.ParseException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8
> sequence. in file:/C:/Documents and Settings/gscokar
> t/.ivy/cache/resolved-XXX-core-working@XXXX.xml

Yes, this is strange. Maybe you changed of java version between the time of
file writing and parsing.

I guess there is a encoding missing somewhere.  I will continue to
> investigate to find who write this XML (and check if the XML is indeed
> incorrect).  If I find something, I will introduce a Jira issue.

 The fille is written in Ivy.resolve method (Ivy.java:1142).

Thanks for you help.

> By the way, what is the support java version?  (IllegalStateException
> seems
> to accept a chained Throwable parameter only since 1.5?).

JDK 1.4 supports chained exception with ex.initCause(cause).  JDK 1.5 only
eases the process of initializing the cause within the ISE constructor.

Xavier

Gilles