ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.4.1 incompatibility with 1.4.0 ?
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:17:43 GMT
On 11/24/06, Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just migrated to 1.4.1 (I know, it is late).
>
> My project is a mutli-module project.  The first module build correctly.
> But when I build the second one, I got the next error :
>
> build_base.xml:203: impossible to publish artifacts for [ XXXX | core |
> <mailto:working@XXXX> working@XXXX ]: impossible to deliver [ XXXX | core
> |
> <mailto:working@XXXX> working@XXXX ]: java.lang.IllegalStateException: bad
> ivy file in cache for [ XXXX | core |  <mailto:working@XXXX> working@XXXX]:
> please clean and resolve again
>

> My build perform successfully the resolve.  I retried, and I always get
> the
> same result.
>

> If I delete the cache and go back to my 1.4.0 version, the problem
> disapear.
>
> Did anyone have an idea of where to serach for a solution?

This is strange, certainly a bug, but difficult to know the cause. The
problem is raised in this code:
        URL ivyFileURL = null;
        try {
            ivyFileURL = ivyFile.toURL();
            md = XmlModuleDescriptorParser.getInstance().parseDescriptor(this,
ivyFileURL, validate);
            md.setResolvedModuleRevisionId(ModuleRevisionId.newInstance(mrid,
revision));
            md.setResolvedPublicationDate(pubdate);
        } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
            throw new RuntimeException("malformed url obtained for file
"+ivyFile);
        } catch (ParseException e) {
            throw new IllegalStateException("bad ivy file in cache for
"+mrid+": please clean and resolve again");
        }

which is part of the deliver method on the Ivy class. The problem is that
the message doesn't say much about the original ParseException... If you can
compile Ivy from source, I'd suggest adding the ParseException as the cause
of the ISE, so that you get more details.

- Xavier

SCOKART Gilles