ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems using 'branch' attribute
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:18:23 GMT
On 11/23/06, easyproglife <easyproglife@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have module A depends on module B.
>
> I created a branch called "fixes" for module B, and set the branch name in
> B's ivy.xml 'info' element 'branch' attribute.
>
> I have published a new version of "branched" B.
>
> Then I have published a new "normal" (not branch) version of B.
>

> Now, from A I also set a 'branch' attribute on the 'dependency' element
> that
> uses B. The revision is 'latest.integration'.
>
> I would expect the "branched" version of B to be taken, but I am getting
> the
> "normal" version of B.
>
> Is it because of the "latest.integration" revision?
> As i understand, the "branch" attribute is there to filter out all
> versions
> that are not of that branch.

The filtering on the branch in current version of Ivy is only done if you
use branch as part of your repository pattern. The problem if you don't have
the branch in your pattern (either in a directory name or file name) is that
Ivy would have to dowload and parse several Ivy files to find the
appropriate version (as when you use latest.milestone for example). So you
can ask for an improvement in this area, but I think this should be marked
as a good practice to use branch in the pattern anyway.

Xavier

Am I wrong?