ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.4.1 Resolve Slowness
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:33:06 GMT
On 11/20/06, David R Robison <drrobison@openroadsconsulting.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry, I'm unsure what your asking.

Sorry for the confusion. My question is do you use rev="latest.milestone" or
rev="latest.release" in any of your ivy files. But if the question is not
clear I'm pretty sure you don't use them. So in this case the slowness may
be due to a fix side effect or something like that, but it's difficult to
know. To improve your perf you can set allownomd="false" on your resolvers
for which you always have an ivy file. You can also set
alwaysCheckExactRevision="false" on your resolvers so that Ivy does not try
to find "latest.integration" revision, but only consider it as a dynamic
version. Anyway, you seem to say that Ivy doesn't trust its cache anymore
with 1.4.1, which is strange. It shouldn't be the case unless you use
checkModified="true" and/or changing revisions. If you don't maybe it's a
bug in 1.4.1. If you post your debug trace (what you see on the console when
you run "ant -d") then maybe I'll be able to better understand what's
happening.

Xavier

Here is my ivy config file.