ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: resolution of relative paths in <buildlist>
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:07:56 GMT

> Gilles Scokart wrote:
> > See http://jira.jayasoft.org/browse/IVY-286 and
> > http://jira.jayasoft.org/browse/IVY-232 .
> >
> > They are slightly different, but related.
>
> I see the defects; I'd like to see this fixed in the first apache
> release.

It makes sense, it's been a while since it need to be done.

The only ant task that doesnt do basedir resolution on paths is
> <import>, because we wanted to be able to have imported files refer to
> stuff in the directory they came in on. And that causes problems in
> IDEs, especially eclipse.
>
> Its just that when I do an <include file="../something" /> inside an
> ivy.xml file, I'd expect that to be resolved relative to the file. The
> basedir thing is not helping, because the basedir for buildlist is the
> build file executing the list, which is in a different location. So its
> a slightly different defect. As it is, I would probably be better off
> doing XML entity expansion if I want reliable inclusion, or set up
> symlinks so the paths still resolve.

It makes sense too, and can be considered as a defect. Add an issue in jira
and I'll vote for it :-)

we are going to have so much fun setting up the antunit tests for this
> project.

:-)

Xavier

-steve