ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publishing war files
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 10:21:38 GMT

> Stephane Bailliez wrote:
> > Steve Loughran wrote:
> >>

> >> I cannot get ivy1.4.1 to publish my WAR file. Jar files yes, war files
> >> no.
> >>
> > You may need to specify the type in the task otherwise I think it tries
> > to publish jar instead of using what is in the ivy.xml
> >
> > (might be wrong, but from the top of my head)
>
> No, I fixed it. I had to delete the ivy xml file created in dist/ next
> to the WAR and the rebuild would recreate it...it looks like ivy doesnt
> recreate this file if the source ivy.xml file has changed.

Yes, this something which surprise a lot of users, we may better change the
default for that in a new version. The idea is that you can control the ivy
file you publish, so the creation of the ivy in the dist directory is done
by a task called deliver, which is automcatically called by the publish task
IF there is no ivy file in the dist directory. If you want to be sure it is
generated again each time you have either to call the deliver task
explicitly or set forcedeliver="true" on your publish task.

Xavier