ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: retrieve doesnt
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 15:38:13 GMT

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
> > It seems that Ivy find the modules but no artifacts (only 0 in the
> artifact
> > number column). So either the module descriptors for your dependencies
> > define no published artifact, or you depend on a configuration in these
> > module which have no artifacts.
> >
> > Could you share your ivy.xml (and maybe also your ivyconf.xml)?
>
> I'm pulling in stuff from the m2 repository, at least trying to.

Ok, so it must be due to a problem of pom conversion or something like that.
To investigate on that I'd suggest checking directly your ivy cache (should
be in ~/.ivy/cache) where ivy put the log4j module descriptor for example.
You will see an ivy file, and also a file called ivydata-xxx.properties.
This file is interesting because it contains information about which
resolver was used to get the ivy.xml. Note that even if maven2 repository is
used, you will get an ivy.xml which will be the result of a pom conversion.
This may help you to know why you have no artifact in your runtime
configuration of log4j.

BTW, using in a same environment both maven2 repository and ivyrep can lead
to tricky problems of names. I usually do not suggest to use both, and
prefer the use of a maven 1 repository for artifacts only. Note that if you
really want to use maven 2 repository and their poms alongside ivyrep, you
caan use the namespace feature to map maven2 namespace to ivyrep one. This
takes time to setup (you have to write a set of rewriting rules) but can
solve problem elegantly.

Xavier

ivy.xml