ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David R Robison <drrobi...@openroadsconsulting.com>
Subject Re: 1.4.1 Resolve Slowness
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:17:14 GMT
I'm attaching the log from the "ant -d". The following, from the log,
looks interesting:

[ivy:retrieve]     using default-chain to resolve [ xmlBlaster |
xmlBlaster | 1.4 ]
[ivy:retrieve] default-chain: no latest strategy defined: using default
[ivy:retrieve] orci: no namespace defined: using system
[ivy:retrieve] pre 1.3 ivy file: using exactOrRegexp as default matcher
[ivy:retrieve]     found ivy file in cache for [ xmlBlaster | xmlBlaster
| 1.4 ] (resolved by orci):
C:\Workspaces\DataGateway\DataGateway-VDOT-OnCall-Task36\ivy\ivy-cache\xmlBlaster\xmlBlaster\ivy-1.4.xml
[ivy:retrieve]     orci: found revision in cache: [ xmlBlaster |
xmlBlaster | 1.4 ] (resolved by orci): but it's a default one, maybe we
can find a better one
[ivy:retrieve] orci: no latest strategy defined: using default
[ivy:retrieve]      trying
http://www.openroadsconsulting.com/maven/xmlBlaster/jars/xmlBlaster-1.4.jar
[ivy:retrieve]     orci: no ivy file found for [ xmlBlaster | xmlBlaster
| 1.4 ]: using default data
[ivy:retrieve]         tried no ivy pattern => no attempt to find module
descriptor file for [ xmlBlaster | xmlBlaster | 1.4 ]
[ivy:retrieve]     checking [ xmlBlaster | xmlBlaster | 1.4 ][default]
from orci against null
[ivy:retrieve]     module revision kept as first found: [ xmlBlaster |
xmlBlaster | 1.4 ][default] from orci
[ivy:retrieve] ibiblio: no namespace defined: using system
[ivy:retrieve] pre 1.3 ivy file: using exactOrRegexp as default matcher
[ivy:retrieve]     found ivy file in cache for [ xmlBlaster | xmlBlaster
| 1.4 ] (resolved by orci):
C:\Workspaces\DataGateway\DataGateway-VDOT-OnCall-Task36\ivy\ivy-cache\xmlBlaster\xmlBlaster\ivy-1.4.xml
[ivy:retrieve] found module in cache but with a different resolver:
discarding: [ xmlBlaster | xmlBlaster | 1.4 ]

It finds it in the cache but thinks there may be a better one so it
keeps looking. It eventually scans through all the configured
repositories and ends up using the one in the cache. Does anyone know
why it would not just use the one in the cache? Does this help any?

Thanks, David