ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: resolution of relative paths in <buildlist>
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:33:04 GMT
Gilles Scokart wrote:
> See http://jira.jayasoft.org/browse/IVY-286 and
> http://jira.jayasoft.org/browse/IVY-232 .
>
> They are slightly different, but related.

I see the defects; I'd like to see this fixed in the first apache
release. The only ant task that doesnt do basedir resolution on paths is
<import>, because we wanted to be able to have imported files refer to
stuff in the directory they came in on. And that causes problems in
IDEs, especially eclipse.

Its just that when I do an <include file="../something" /> inside an
ivy.xml file, I'd expect that to be resolved relative to the file. The
basedir thing is not helping, because the basedir for buildlist is the
build file executing the list, which is in a different location. So its
a slightly different defect. As it is, I would probably be better off
doing XML entity expansion if I want reliable inclusion, or set up
symlinks so the paths still resolve.

we are going to have so much fun setting up the antunit tests for this
project.
-steve