ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject resolution of relative paths in <buildlist>
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:06:55 GMT

Sometimes when people ask me what I do for a living, I say "I break
things". Its why I'm so good at what I do: I'm inherently clumsy.

Today I have a project with buildlist

     <ivy:buildlist reference="child.projects" skipbuildwithoutivy="true">
       <fileset dir="." includes="*/build.xml"/>
       <fileset dir="extras" includes="*/build.xml"/>
       <fileset dir="components" includes="*/build.xml"/>

this includes files which import configurations

   <configurations defaultconfmapping="runtime">
     <include file="../antbuild/ivy/configurations.xml"/>

This is failing, because the relative path is being resolved in the base
directory, not relative to the ivy file itself.

/home/slo/Projects/SmartFrog/Forge/core/build.xml:358: impossible to
parse ivy file for
exception=java.text.ParseException: problem occured while parsing ivy
file. message:
(No such file or directory) in

View raw message