ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: publishing war files
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:36:15 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> No, I fixed it. I had to delete the ivy xml file created in dist/ next
> to the WAR and the rebuild would recreate it...it looks like ivy
> doesnt recreate this file if the source ivy.xml file has changed.
Indeed, common source of mishaps that happen, my build process is
constantly getting rid of it as I have learned it the hard way.
That's certainly part of the thing that needs to be fixed.

What I would like for any subsequent release is to stop having too much
configuration entry points, too much assumptions and too much autodecisions.

The fact that you can configure part of it with properties, other parts
with the xml that it does an auto configuration, auto resolve, if not
done, is creating more problem than it solve from my perspective. I
generally want thing to fail right away.

-- stephane