ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re: 'transitive' attribute doesn't seem to work
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:16:46 GMT
It looks like a bug to me, can you enter a JIRA issue?

regards,
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Dmitriy Korobskiy <dk.root@verizon.net>
To: easyproglife <easyproglife@gmail.com>; Dmitriy Korobskiy <dk.root@verizon.net>
Cc: ivy-user <ivy-user@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 9:14:21 PM
Subject: Re: Re: 'transitive' attribute doesn't seem to work

Hello,

I have looked on your project. First of all, I need to correct myself. Our project is using
transitive="false" on dependencies in Ivy files, and we are using plain <resolve>. We
are not using <retrieve> at all.

By looking at your project, it looks like your problem is that resolve has been already done,
so retrieve does not do it again and simply uses the results of the last resolve which, I
believe, is done by design.

One option for you would be to move transitive attribute to resolve. Another would be to get
rid of resolve whatsoever - the retrieve would trigger an automatic resolve.

DK

>From: easyproglife <easyproglife@gmail.com>
>Date: 2006/11/16 Thu PM 01:32:22 CST
>To: Dmitriy Korobskiy <dk.root@verizon.net>
>Subject: Re: 'transitive' attribute doesn't seem to work

>See attached.
>
>Instructions:
>goto directory 'a' and run ant.
>goto directory 'b' and run ant.
>goto directory 'c' and run ant.
>
>In directory c/imported I would expect only 'b' because I have asked for non-transitive
retrieve.

>Well, I have just looked in the docs and saw that 'transitive="no"' should be on the resolve
not on the retrieve.

>I don't understand. I want to first retrieve transitively and then to retrieve non-transitively
to another directory. It looks impossible with one resolve.

>If so, I wonder what the 'transitive' attribute on the RETRIEVE is useful for? The RESOLVE
'transitive' attribute is the one who decides.

>I am getting confused :-(
>

>Xavier? Maybe you can me?
>
>On 11/16/06, Dmitriy Korobskiy <dkroot1@gmail.com> wrote:easyproglife,
>
>e> Hi.
>
>e> Has anyone tried using the retrieve Ant task with 'transitive="false"'
>e> attribute?
>
>e> I have a project C depends on B and B depends on A.
>
>e> In project C I am trying to retrieve B "non-transitively" but it still gives
>e> me A's stuff.
>
>e> Any idea?
>e> (Has this feature been tested? If yes, what JUnit class?)
>
>Hi,
>
>we are using it on our project in quite a few cases. It works for us just fine. We
>started at Ivy 1.3 and are using Ivy 1.4 now.
>
>If you send your Ivy file(s) (and configuration), this lits can collectively try to figure
out what's
>going wrong.
>
>Dmitriy <1-127-441 @ICQ, DKroot @Skype, DKroot1 @AIM, dkroot1_at_gmail_dot_com @Google
Talk>

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre