ant-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Pell <...@erasurewars.net>
Subject jmod and jlink support
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2018 23:27:02 GMT
Has there been discussion or a bug filed regarding adding tasks to
support jmod and jlink?  Now that there is no longer a separate JRE and
the new method of distributing standalone Java applications requires
jlink, this seems increasingly important.

I’ve written tasks (and corresponding tests and documentation) for both
of them, for my own personal use, but I didn’t want to make a pull
request without knowing if this has been addressed already.

I wasn’t sure whether the code is required to be Java 8 compatible.  At
the very least, I need to use the java.util.spi.ToolProvider class to
access jmod and jlink functionality, but if Java 8 compatibility is
necessary, I can always do it with reflection.