ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Testing IvyDE
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2018 19:06:22 GMT
I have fixed the build, now relying on more recent dependencies. The updatesite built by Jenkins
is now up to date.

I have started to do some test, but there are some crashes, the jvm of Eclipse is crashing
on clearing the Ivy console for instance. I bet this is more due to the fact that I am running
with Java 10. I’ll try to run it with a lower Java version and redo the tests.

Nicolas

> Le 4 juil. 2018 à 14:01, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> On 01/07/18 6:35 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>> Le 28 juin 2018 à 08:41, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit
:

RC, we could ship it like that and fix it later. But due to the automatic update via the update
site, I bet most users will update even if it is an RC. So I am not sure what I should vote.
So I vote -0 for me for now.
>>> I was reserving my vote just for this reason. I don't use Eclipse so I wanted
to see if someone more familiar with it has an opinion about this bug. You are right that
it's going to end up affecting everyone once we release this. Given that the purpose of this
release is revive this project a bit and not break setups where things are working fine and
the fact that this will end up being an annoying kind of workaround (having to hit refresh
after resolve), I don't see rushing this release without fixing this issue serves any purpose.

>>> So I'll vote a -1 on this now. I know we have gone through 3 voting rounds for
this release, so thank you everyone for being patient and testing out the binaries. I'll file
this issue in JIRA and hopefully spend some time in Eclipse this weekend to try and sort this
out.
>> I have found the issue and pushed a fix.
> Thank you.
>>
>> I am then worried that the master is not well tested nor used after the big cleanups.
> Yes, I agree.
>

>> So I suggest we do a little testing now of the master.
>>
>> To help with that, there is a folder in the IvyDE project which contains projects
ready to be imported into Eclipse, they are samples of many different configurations which
should be supported