ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CANCELLED] Release AntUnit 1.4 Based on RC2
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2018 07:45:13 GMT
On 2018-06-22, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 at 07:22, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

>> On 2018-06-21, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>>> P.S. I'm struggling to understand why "ant test" of antlibs bails
>>> because "compile-tests" goes "setup-for-junit-tests, antlib, resolve"
>>> rather than doing "resolve" first and using the retrieved
>>> dependencies?

>> antlib depends on compile which depends on resolve - so resolve is
>> supposed to be run long before any of the other targets,

>> Not sure what "bails" in your case (it doesn't for me) but maybe we are
>> missing a dependency somewhere in the graph.

> Well, setup-for-junit-tests states that JUnit is not available and
> quits.

So it lacks a dependency on resolve.

> I'd like to understand why setup targets are there at all.

They predate resolve by far. The initial build system for Antlibs didnt
use Ivy at all but expected manual configuration and the setup targets
ensured everything was there. When Ivy was added later (by Jan?) he
probably fmissed to adapt a few places - like setup-for-junit-tests.

Stefan