ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gintautas Grigelionis <g.grigelio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Snapshot access to regular users of Ant
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2018 09:44:30 GMT

> On 2018-03-19, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
>
> > Starting from
>
> > https://rawgit.com/apache/ant/master/manual/tutorial-tasks-
> filesets-properties.html#contribute
>
> > to the end of document. Cf
>
> > https://ant.apache.org/manual/tutorial-tasks-filesets-
> properties.html#contribute
>
> > which still talks about Java 1.2, CVS, etc
>
> Ah, I see. I guess nobody of us has been aware the tutorials contain
> contribution guidelines (at least I wasn't).
>
> IMHO it would be better to have a single place that talks about it and
> link to it from inside the tutorial and wherever else. CONTRIBUTING.md
> is really only there for github, maybe a new page on the website under
> the "Contributing" section?

Sounds like a good idea. Then Ant Task Guidelines [1] could be trimmed and
refer to contribution guidelines.
Maybe Ant Task Guidelines could be exposed under under "Contributing" as a
landing page,
and the relevant information could be moved into the manual?

Gintas

[1]  https://ant.apache.org/ant_task_guidelines.html