ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mapped resources NPEs - Potential fix causes a failure in one specific test
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 09:17:49 GMT
On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 10:06 AM, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I need some inputs on how we should go about this specific change/test?
> Should this test continue to expect a exception or is it fine to expect
> that target to complete cleanly (without copying anything)?

What's the source of the NPE?
If it's an implementation detail, then it's fine to no longer throw IMHO.
If OTOH it was another IO-related exception, it might still be fine, but as
long as there's a visible trace of the IO exception, like an error message
(in normal or at least verbose mode).
So except in the latter case, and there's no message at any log level, I'm
fine with what you propose to no longer throw. My $0.02, based on your
message only. --DD