ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant git commit: Generate manifest files and add automatic module names for JPMS
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 10:11:28 GMT
On 2018-02-06, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

>  don't think we should be doing any of these commits especially when
> there's a RC out which we plan to release.

In general we live in a commit then review world, so I think it is kind
of OK to perform bigger changes without discussion upfront. It would
have been good to get some kind of heads-up, tough.

As for commits while a vote is going on, personally I don't care too
much. The RC has been cut from a detached head and if some changes would
be required for a second RC they can be added and merged back to master
by turning the head into a proper branch.

What will happen though (assuming the vote passes) is that we get a
non-linear history where users may assume some changes to master were
part of the release because they happened before the tag was merged back
if they only look at the timestamps rather than the commit graph.

Stefan