ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: github PR builds
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 16:40:05 GMT
On 2018-02-06, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> The PR build on Jenkins is backed by the github PR integration
> plugin[1]. One of the features of that plugin is to prevent some
> malicious/rogue PR (imagine someone creating a PR with code which does
> some odd things with the host on which it runs) being auto-triggered
> against the Jenkins hosts.

I see. It's just that I never saw this in use before - and to be honest
am a bit annoyed by the bot asking for confirmation on every pull
request :-)

> From what I remember, our Ant job is configured to consider ASF
> members as whitelisted and admins, so if some ASF members opens a PR,
> it auto-triggers a job and also lets ASF members to put in a "this is
> ok to test" message to trigger the job for users who aren't part of
> the whitelist or aren't ASF members themselves. I'll re-check the Ant
> job to make sure that indeed is how it is configured.

> Note that when I say ASF members, I'm talking about github users who
> belong to the apache organization.

Thanks. And don't worry about not providing details in your initial
email - I actually don't recall the mail at all and most probably you
provided everything that was needed.

Stefan