ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: github PR builds
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 11:42:52 GMT
The PR build on Jenkins is backed by the github PR integration
plugin[1]. One of the features of that plugin is to prevent some
malicious/rogue PR (imagine someone creating a PR with code which does
some odd things with the host on which it runs) being auto-triggered
against the Jenkins hosts. The plugin can be configured to disable this
feature or (like now) be configured to allow a whitelist of users for
whom the job gets triggered when they open a PR. If a user not belonging
to that whitelist opens a PR, then one of the admins (also configurable
in the plugin) can add a "this is ok to test" message (of course after
doing some basic checks about the content of the PR itself) so that the
job gets triggered.

 From what I remember, our Ant job is configured to consider ASF members
as whitelisted and admins, so if some ASF members opens a PR, it
auto-triggers a job and also lets ASF members to put in a "this is ok to
test" message to trigger the job for users who aren't part of the
whitelist or aren't ASF members themselves. I'll re-check the Ant job to
make sure that indeed is how it is configured.

Note that when I say ASF members, I'm talking about github users who
belong to the apache organization.

P.S: There are a few other keywords that the plugin recognizes and is
documented at [1].

[1]
https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/GitHub+pull+request+builder+plugin

-Jaikiran