ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant support for users who use JUnit5
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2018 04:02:37 GMT
On 17/02/18 12:51 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2018-02-15, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>
>> I'm now done with the initial goals that I had in mind for this
>> task. I've opened a PR[1] for review. I've included a manual for this
>> task and it can be currently found here[2]. I would suggest reading
>> the manual first, before reviewing the PR, since the manual will give
>> an overall idea of what's being attempted with this task.
> It may be a while until I manage to look at it - in particular since I
> need to "read the manual first" :-)
Please take your time. Although I am happy with the way this task has
shaped up, the one area I would like to have your feedback is the
sysout/syserr handling implementation in that PR. The intention is to
try and avoid potential OOMs and other such issues, that have been noted
in our bug tracker, but at the same time I don't want to end up having
an overly complicated logic or something that could have been done
better in a different way.

> Whether we want to include
> the new task with an upcoming release depends on how comfortable you
> feel with it from my point of view. It probably won't see much use
> unless we include it in a release.

Given the changes, I am confident that it won't break existing tasks or
anything else in Ant. I also believe that this new task will help people
get started with using JUnit 5 with Ant to an extent that they can get
the tests run (both JUnit 4 and 5) with basic reporting features and the
ability to use the junitreport for the generated XML reports. So I think
it's in a good enough state to start off with. I do plan to try this
task as a "user" myself this weekend, outside of our testsuite and see
if there are any issues or anything basic missing.

-Jaikiran