ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant-ivy git commit: tidy up the code
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 12:25:47 GMT

On 08/12/17 2:23 PM, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 7:53 AM, <gintas@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Repository: ant-ivy
>> Updated Branches:
>>    refs/heads/master 1b84f2ee7 -> 12aeeec70
>>
>> tidy up the code
>> -            if ((currentTask.getTaskName() != null)
>> +            if (currentTask.getTaskName() != null
>>                       && currentTask.getTaskName().equals(((Task)
>> task).getTaskName())) {
>>                   // The current AntMessageLogger already logs with the same
>>                   // prefix as the given task. So we shouldn't do
>> anything...
>>

>> -        if ((otherRef != null) && OVERRIDE_NOT_ALLOWED.equals(override))
>> {
>> +        if (otherRef != null && OVERRIDE_NOT_ALLOWED.equals(override)) {
>>
> Hi Gintas,
>
> Why? I myself prefer having the parens you removed.
> Is this some kind of automated code formatter? Or personnal preference?
> I've never been one to rely on implicit associativity rule, and like
> explicit parens in those cases.
I don't have a strong preference for this specific case, but I do like
to leave it to the individual coder. Personally, I don't prefer changing
what's already been there, for things like this. It can seem
inconsistent when someone adding new code using a different construct
(like not using explicit brackets), but it's not that big a deal, IMO.

-Jaikiran