ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gintautas Grigelionis <g.grigelio...@gmail.com>
Subject Unit tests in Ivy and Ant
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 16:23:30 GMT
Hello,

I decided to spend some time on unit tests in Ivy and Ant; I did some work
on Ivy tests this summer and I feel that work is unfinished.

In particular, there was a conversation about the use of fail(); my feeling
is that it is somewhat superfluous: there are assumptions for
(de)activating tests, assertions and expected exceptions, and that should
suffice for defining a test.

The way fail() is used in Ivy now mostly looks like a rethrow of unexpected
exceptions to AssertionErrors (why?).

So, in a nutshell: I would like to minimize try/catch and if/else in unit
tests and make them work without fail(). What do you think?

Gintas