ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant-ivy git commit: tidy up the code
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 15:24:26 GMT
On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Gintautas Grigelionis <
g.grigelionis@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, my rule was simple: an "if ((..." with multiple leading parens is only
> necessary where the logical condition is indeed complex.

I guess my point is more that such changes are a bit futile,
and code churn just for the sake of it. It's also somewhat inconsistent
since in ternaries you added parens instead of removing them.
Elsewhere you removed lines between cases.
Or changed ternaries into if's. Etc...
These are zero-sum gains IMHO.

If you actually worked in that area of the code, or made fixes in there,
"drive by" style changes might be more justified, even though like Jaikiran
mentioned one should refrain in general from doing so in a collective code
base.

I'll leave it at that. I don't want to make a big deal of it, nor temper
any enthusiasm
for engaging with the Ant or Ivy code-bases. I just think there are better
uses of
everyone's brain cycles (doing the changes or reviewing the commits) than
on such changes. --DD

PS: An yes, I can see the irony of me making noises about it instead of
just letting it go...