ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broken tutorial
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2017 05:44:46 GMT
It's not actually broken. The tutorial intentionally uses (and
documents) it to explain how the repository is built and what happens
when certainartifacts aren't available and also for cases like where
there are version conflicts for the same module. The tutorial page[1] notes:

<quote>
As you can see the installation has failed, if you look at the log you
will see that there are missing artifacts on the source repository. This
means that you will need to download those artifacts manually, and copy
them to your destination repository to complete the installation.
Fortunately Ivy uses a best effort algorithm during install, so that
everything gets installed except the missing artifacts. (Note: these
missing artifacts are not in the public maven repository due to
licensing issues)

</quote>

[1]
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/master/tutorial/build-repository/basic.html