ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IVYDE-382 proposed patch
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2017 12:15:46 GMT
Hi Alexander,

Yes, it would be really nice if you could create a page documenting the new feature.

I have just migrated the documentation of IvyDE to asciidoc, so it will be easier to contribute.
I have also squashed and rebased your work on this branch:
https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/tree/ivyDECredentials-cleaned <https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/tree/ivyDECredentials-cleaned>

To contribute you can create a pull request on this branch, we will get notified.

Cheers,
Nicolas

> Le 30 juin 2017 à 16:52, alexander.blaas@arctis.at a écrit :
>
> Good afternoon,
>
> sorry for the delay in my reply. The last two weeks I was very busy with
> exams and work.
>
> We are glad that our proposed patch found its way back to the main
> development path and that perhaps it will be a part of a following
> release :-)
>
> Is there a way we can support you?
>
> Should we extend the official IvyDE doc by providing a more
> sophisticated description about the new feature (like you suggested in
> the previous mail)?
>
> Many greetings from Austria,
>
> Alexander
>
> Am 14.06.2017 23:56, schrieb Nicolas Lalevée:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For some reason git apply was refusing to process the patch and was just returning
an error: corrupt patch at line 1964

>> So I played with git commands and work with the sources available on github.
>> I have create a branch on the ASF repo, ivyDECredentials, which has one commit which
squash all the forked commit on github.
>> I have then created another branch, ivyDECredentials-cleaned, which rebase the work,
remove unnecessary changes like the readme file, and did some file formatting.

>> Now it needs some review and testing in order to be merged. I'll take time to do
it but if somebody else if wants to help, another pair of eyes on this is very welcomed.

>> Also would be welcomed some documentation about this new feature. The IvyDE doc is
quite complete, it would be really nice to keep it at this level.

>> Nicolas
>>
>>> Le 14 juin 2017 à 05:18, J Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi Alexander,
>>>
>>> I actually just realized that your initial mail actually had a patch file attached.
I didn't notice that before and only today noticed it while looking at the mail list archive.
So assuming this applies cleanly on latest master branch of IvyDE, I think this should be
fine too, instead of creating a PR. I am not experienced with Eclipse plugins, so I personally
won't be able to help much, but hopefully someone from the IvyDE team will be able to review
and decide about this patch. Thank you again for contributing this.

>>> -Jaikiran
>>> On 26-May-2017, at 8:28 AM, J Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Alexander,
>>>
>>> Thank you for volunteering to provide this feature patch. I had a look a the
repo you pointed to and read the README. It does seem to contain a good amount of work in
that branch in multiple commits.

>>> To make it easier for whoever will decide about merging these to upstream ant-ivyde
project, would it to be possible for you to do the following:

>>> 1. *Fork* the ant-ivyde project (on github) https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/
into your account. There's a "Fork" button on the right corner of the github page for the
repo.
>>> 2. Once forked into your account, you can push your enhancement and bug fix related
commits to either your master branch of your repo or any specific branch of your choice.
>>> - If the bug fixes are independent of the feature, then it would be good if they
are done in separate branches, so that a separate pull request (PR) can be issued.
>>> 3. Once you are ready with the commits, you can then issue a pull request (PR)
from your repo to the "master" branch of the ant-ivyde upstream repo https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/.
 Typically PRs are meant to contain commits that are all specific to a single feature or for
a specific bug fix.

>>> Once the PRs are submitted, I'm sure one or more members of the development team
who have relevant knowledge of Eclipse and the project will review this and either merge it
or provide inputs.

>>> Thanks again for this, both Ivy and IvyDE project has been stagnant for a while
and with contributions like these, we should be able to release out a new version soon.

>>> -Jaikiran
>>>
>>> On 25-May-2017, at 1:12 PM, alexander.blaas@arctis.at wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Sir or Madam,
>>>
>>> as it was suggested in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-382?focusedCommentId=16018847&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16018847,