ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IVYDE-382 proposed patch
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 21:56:16 GMT
Hi,

For some reason git apply was refusing to process the patch and was just returning an error:
corrupt patch at line 1964

So I played with git commands and work with the sources available on github.
I have create a branch on the ASF repo, ivyDECredentials, which has one commit which squash
all the forked commit on github.
I have then created another branch, ivyDECredentials-cleaned, which rebase the work, remove
unnecessary changes like the readme file, and did some file formatting.

Now it needs some review and testing in order to be merged. I’ll take time to do it but
if somebody else if wants to help, another pair of eyes on this is very welcomed.

Also would be welcomed some documentation about this new feature. The IvyDE doc is quite complete,
it would be really nice to keep it at this level.

Nicolas

> Le 14 juin 2017 à 05:18, J Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi Alexander,
>
> I actually just realized that your initial mail actually had a patch file attached. I
didn’t notice that before and only today noticed it while looking at the mail list archive.
So assuming this applies cleanly on latest master branch of IvyDE, I think this should be
fine too, instead of creating a PR. I am not experienced with Eclipse plugins, so I personally
won’t be able to help much, but hopefully someone from the IvyDE team will be able to review
and decide about this patch. Thank you again for contributing this.

> -Jaikiran
> On 26-May-2017, at 8:28 AM, J Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alexander,
>
> Thank you for volunteering to provide this feature patch. I had a look a the repo you
pointed to and read the README. It does seem to contain a good amount of work in that branch
in multiple commits.

> To make it easier for whoever will decide about merging these to upstream ant-ivyde project,
would it to be possible for you to do the following:

> 1. *Fork* the ant-ivyde project (on github) https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/ into
your account. There’s a “Fork” button on the right corner of the github page for the
repo.
> 2. Once forked into your account, you can push your enhancement and bug fix related commits
to either your master branch of your repo or any specific branch of your choice.
> 	- If the bug fixes are independent of the feature, then it would be good if they are
done in separate branches, so that a separate pull request (PR) can be issued.
> 3. Once you are ready with the commits, you can then issue a pull request (PR) from your
repo to the “master” branch of the ant-ivyde upstream repo https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/.
 Typically PRs are meant to contain commits that are all specific to a single feature or for
a specific bug fix.

> Once the PRs are submitted, I’m sure one or more members of the development team who
have relevant knowledge of Eclipse and the project will review this and either merge it or
provide inputs.

> Thanks again for this, both Ivy and IvyDE project has been stagnant for a while and with
contributions like these, we should be able to release out a new version soon.

> -Jaikiran
>

> On 25-May-2017, at 1:12 PM, alexander.blaas@arctis.at wrote:
>
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> as it was suggested in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-382?focusedCommentId=16018847&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-16018847,