ant-dev mailing list archives

From J Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy nightly builds - Generate a full .zip/.tar.gz snapshots?
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2017 12:50:47 GMT
Would it be feasible to have a Jenkins daily job (runs once at a schedule) for Ivy which publishes
the complete binary zip/tar.gz of Ivy nightly snapshots? I know we have a daily job currently
here[1] which generates a jar as the artifact output of the job. Maybe this job itself can
be changed to generate the full distributable binary .zip/.tar.gz?

Where I plan to use such a job is, to have Ivy users have quick access to our nightly builds
so that they can use those binaries just like they would for released versions. That way,
we can ask the users to test out/verify any bug fixes we have pushed, in their own environments
by installing those snapshots. Especially in cases where it’s hard to reproduce some bugs
in first place (Windows OS for example). I understand they could probably do it even now using
those jars we publish, but I would prefer the process of “installation” to be almost the
same as what we would do with released binaries - i.e. use a .zip/.tar.gz with all relevant
files in them.

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/Ivy/

-Jaikiran